Fingle Bridge is a truly exceptional countryside lodge peacefully tucked away amongst the mature woodland and manicured lawns of the 5 star Bovey Castle estate. Before arriving at the lodge, guests will have the pleasure of winding their way along the tree lined driveway and onwards through the imposing entrance arches of the historic Bovey Castle to the lodge. Quietly situated amongst shaded woodland there is lots to admire as you walk your way past the local granite lodges and approach the spectacular Fingle Bridge. Upon entering the lodge itself, guests will instantly appreciate it's impressive design and luxury style, as they soon find themselves on the mezzanine level captivated by the triple height sitting area with vaulted English oak beams and feature three storey stone fire place. With spacious rooms and large thoughtfully placed windows, not only are there beautiful views from all angles but the natural light comes flooding in and brings with it the charm of the idyllic surroundings. Offering a large, country style, fully-equipped kitchen, should guests decide against eating at one of the Hotel's two restaurants, as well as avoiding the temptation of ordering in a luxury dinner, they can enjoy home cooking in style with the option to eat alfresco on the lower decked terrace. With every fine detail having been considered, the lodge offers a luxurious stay for all times of year, whether it be warming up by the cosy crackle of the fire whilst looking out upon a winter wonderland, or opening up the double doors to the sound of birdsong before prepping the BBQ for a summertime feast.
Offering three spacious bedrooms, one on each floor and all with their own ensuites, Fingle Bridge is perfect for families or groups who are looking to escape the real world and relax in pure comfort, whilst being spoilt for choice by a host of interesting and exciting activities throughout the surrounding estate.
On Site Facilities:
- Luxury, laid-back lounges in the nearby 5-star Hotel
- Two restaurants and a bar
- Indoor swimming pool, sauna, steam room
- Tennis courts
- Estate walks and trails
- Falconry displays
- Petanque, croquet and children’s swings and climbing frames
- Lodge Food Packs (additional charge)
- Delivery of freshly cooked meals (additional charge)
- A host of chargeable activities, including: Championship 18 Hole Golf Course, KidsZone and TechZone, Elan Spa (including Temple spa treatments), Archery, Fly Fishing, Air Rifle and Clay Pigeon Shooting, Deer Park Tour and 4X4 Driving.
Please note: We have a total of 4 lodges on offer at Bovey Castle, perfect for larger groups to book multiple ones together. Each lodge can sleep up to 6 guests and the other three lodges can be viewed on the following links Fox Tor, Ingle Tor and Cox Tor.
Please note: Fingle Bridge is next door to Fox Tor, ideal to book together for larger group bookings.
Front door to entrance hallway with office space and doors to utility room and cloakroom WC.
Cloakroom with WC and wash basin.
Utility room with sink, washer/dryer and built-in cupboards.
Mezzanine level with double doors leading to decked terrace and door to Bedroom 2.
Bedroom 2 with 6ft super king zip and link bed (can be set up as twin 3ft singles beds upon request at the time of booking), wardrobe, dressing table, armchair, single door to terrace and door to ensuite bathroom with bath and over-head shower, WC, wash basin and heated towel rail.
Stairs to First Floor:
Bedroom 1 with 6ft super king size bed, built-in wardrobe, stand-alone wardrobe, 2 x armchairs, dressing table and door to ensuite bathroom with bath and handheld shower attachment, separate large walk-in shower cubicle, WC, wash basin and heated towel rail.
Stairs to Lower Ground Floor:
Open-plan kitchen with built-in electric oven and hob, large fridge and separate freezer, dishwasher, microwave, toaster, kettle, coffee machine and door to decked terrace.
Dining area with table and chairs to seat 6.
Sitting room with two 3-seater sofas, two armchairs, coffee table, gas fire and feature stone fireplace, Smart TV, DVD Player and double doors to terrace.
Bedroom 3 with 6ft super king zip and link bed (can be set up as twin 3ft singles beds upon request at the time of booking), built-in wardrobe, chest of drawers, dressing table and door to ensuite shower room with large walk-in shower cubicle, WC, wash basin and heated towel rail.
The lodge has two private decked terraces, one accessed from the sitting room and kitchen with table and seating for 6 and a BBQ (gas), and the second is accessed from the mezzanine level and bedroom 2.
The lodges are surrounded by woodland and small manicured lawns before opening onto the extensive communal estate grounds, which feature many walking paths, lakes and beautiful corners to sit and soak up the tranquil surrounds.
There is parking available for two vehicles in the lodges car park.
Electric Vehicles: There are EV charging facilities located at the front of the Hotel with charges for a full charge and top up charge, subject to charger availability.
- Included: Bed linen, towels (guests must provide their own beach/dog towels), central heating. Bathrobes, slippers, toiletries and hairdryer.
- Internet and Telephone: Wi-Fi available free of charge. There is a landline telephone available for incoming and outgoing calls with charges set the same as the hotel telephone rates (more information available at check-in). Mobile reception generally poor but please check with your provider prior to booking.
- Pets: 2 dogs welcome. Pet charge £30.00 per dog per week.
- Shop: There are two on-site shops available. The East Lodge Shop, open from 1pm to 7.30pm, offers a small selection of food and drink that you might need during your stay and games and pet toys, amongst other items. The Bovey Shop, in the main hotel, open from 9.30am to 5pm, sells clothing, boots, swimming costumes, gifts and more.
- Electric vehicles: There are EV charging facilities located at the front of the Hotel with charges for a full charge and top up charge, subject to charger availability.
- Short Breaks: Available low and mid season.
- Local Facilities: There is an on-site shop available (open from 1pm to 7.30pm) and offering snacks, drinks, coffees, board games, pet etc, Smith’s Brasserie, Great Western Grill, hotel bar and a host of activities throughout the wider estate. All the facilities of Moretonhampstead are approximately 2.5 miles away, including a supermarket, pubs, cafes, art galleries, museums and an outdoor swimming pool (open during summer months).