This unique stone Barn has been cleverly created by joining 2 beautiful old barns that have been thoughtfully and lovingly renovated. This ideal Welsh getaway offers a warm, welcoming and light atmosphere throughout.
The Barn whilst be perfectly situated in the peace and quiet of the Monmouthshire countryside boast all mod con and comforts readily available including underfloor heating throughout, handmade curtains to make the barn cosy in the evenings when the fire is lit and many antiques and lovely pictures providing a homely feel.
The kitchen is a large light filled room linking the two barns. There is an antique table which comfortably seating for 12, a Lacanche range with 2 ovens and 5 rings on the hob, a dishwasher and a butler’s sink. A few steps up from the kitchen is the sitting room with a large open fireplace, comfortable sofa and chairs and French windows that open onto the courtyard. There are book shelves stacked with lots of books for young and old to curl up with on a rainy day by the fire.
The bedrooms have been carefully designed to offer a calming and stylish stay. The luxurious master bedroom has an en-suite bathroom with a roll top bath and two basins, French windows open onto its own terrace with a table and chairs and stunning views. There are 5 additional bedrooms. Four bedrooms have super king size beds and one bedroom has two large singles all of which have Egyptian cotton bed linen.
Outside you can marvel at the Black Mountains, best enjoyed on a summers evening with a glass of something chilled on the terrace or frolic in the 3.5 acres of land surrounding the house. This is a beautiful property to explore the local area and enjoy activities while being able to relax and unwind in comfortable surroundings.
* Please note: Berry Wood Barn is a much loved home full of sentimental family stuff not a slick holiday house, the wifi works most of the time and the power showers are not that powerful and the track to the barn can be muddy at certain times of the year. We hope you will love the house as much as we do and forgive the shortcomings, it is a gorgeous barn with a stunning view in the Black Mountains.
Berry Wood Barn is one of the most spectacularly positioned houses in the Llantony valley in the Black Mountains.
Perched high on Hatterall Ridge in the Brecon Beacons National Park, the views from the barn are truly breathtaking. Stand at the kitchen window and the valley sweeps away before you towards Hay on Wye.
Although you are in the middle of nowhere with only sheep for neighbours, Abergavenny is only 15 minutes drive away and Hereford is 20 mins.
Enjoy the best of welsh cuisine at the Michelin starred, Walnut Tree Inn, is just a few miles away, as is The Hardwick Restaurant with its Michelin starred chef, Stephen Terry, or try the Bell at Skenfrith for a delicious Sunday lunch. Alternatively for a more low key meal the Queen's Head just down the hill or the The Skirrid Inn are great options. If you’re bringing your best friend along we'd recommend The Crown at Pantygelli for pet friendly pub lunches.
- Walking: You can walk directly from the barn or drive a short way to find many fantastic walks.
- Riding: At Llantony Abbey there is a pony trekking centre where you can do half a day or a whole day riding in the hills. Within 10 minutes drive from the barn there is a riding stables with very good teachers and horses.
- Shooting: There is clay pigeon shooting ten minutes from the barn as well as a shooting school about 45 minutes drive from the barn.
- Bird Watching: On Hatterall Hill, 5 minutes from the barn, there are Red Kites and many other beautiful birds.
- Hang Gliding: Many people love to jump off the hills around us and hang glide when the wind is blowing in the right direction.
- Climbing, Zip Wires and Sailing: There is a climbing wall for children (useful on a wet day!), zip wires, riding and a lake to sail on at a local Activity Centre.
Places to Visit
- The Big Pit
- Forest Of Dean
- Brecon Canals
- Brecon Mountain Railway